Sunday, March 26, 2006

DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS

"The blood...the blood."



I just viewed Daughters of Darkness and at first thought well maybe this is not going to be so fantastic. But after a bit I realized that it had crept under my skin like some alien contagion and I was no longer who I was. This DVD was created with loving care by ANCHOR BAY with a great (and very candid) interview with co-star Andrea Rau. The score is excellent and Delphine Seyrig is perfect as the vampire Elizabeth Bathory parading around in her wardrobe which is quite fantastic and slinky. The location they used was the resort town of Ostende, Belgium. Filmed during off-season there were virtually no tourists, which added to and was appropriate for the film's somber, desolate atmosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home